treasure diving in harbor you do it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In my local training puddle I've found one weight belt, one integrated weight pouch and a set of instructor prompt cards. The instructor was very pleased to get his cards back :)

PhotoTJ once bubbled...
I found a pair of sissors, pliers, 3 knives, a shopping cart. a 'No Swimming" sign, six golf balls, and a cell phone.

On one dive.

Been walking around your house with your gear on?

A buddy of mine found a pistol under a pier once. The police wouldn't let him keep it.

R..

Just lucky, I guess. I've been talking to a few people about a pier clean up day for the Santa Monica Pier. If I can put this together, it will be amazing.

Harbours and moorings can often look like an underwater rubbish dump, in the past couple of years I've lifted an outboard, grappling hook, prescription sun glasses, antique bottles, glasses and often come across tools.

Like everything, you get out what you put in. I have spent most of my life looking for submerged goodies and can ho estly say that "OLD" pier and docks are where to look. I have found more than can be written about but some things include;
Clay crock worth over $7k
Pounds and pounds of gold jewelry
Antique arms
War of 1812 buttons
Coloinal coins
British coins
And now I am begrudgingly straying from my gold and silver mentality because of the huge value of 18th and 19th century bottles, inkwells, china etc. BUT, I have done my homework, gone through the channels and paid my dues. I only wish I could find someone as dedicated as I am to share on the fun!
Good luck and go older!

seakdivers once bubbled...
For some reason we keep coming across forests of bike tires! Weird!

Yeah. Where do all the bikes come from?
Of course (as discussed on another thread) there is this thing I found. I had possession of it for about six hours before the U.S. Military took it away.

I read or heard of a diver that found a couple of KG of Drugs worth a lot of money... police believed they were dropped off for a pickup and the diver found them first...

I just find weights,,, nothing exciting!

Wow - that shell is kinda neat looking. I think I would have just left that sitting on the sea floor though!

That shell looks like a 40mm grenade for the M-203 grenade launcher.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom