treasure diving in harbor you do it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdexcalibur

Reaction score
Has anyone ever dove in a harbor looking for goodies fallen overboard while these boats are docked. Some people I know have done it before, but not really finding anything good. What did you find.

I've dove on abandoned piers and places like that...or popular fishing lakes. It's fun to find all kinds of little junk.

Tackle boxes are pretty common on the good fishing lakes around here...on some of the piers I've found machinery bits, lots of bottles, tools all that kind of stuff.

Some guys in another area dive club make an anchor run on a particular section of river - it's full of logs and trees and they go through every year and collect all the anchors off the bottom.

At Beneath the Sea this weekend, we attended a lecture about NJ Wrecks. The speaker has done tons of research on what ships came into this area and has sunk. There are tons of wrecks in NJ, some of the most in the US. From what he explained there is a lot of treasure to be found.

My LDS sponsors a local marina clean up dive every April. We find alot of good stuff. Last year we found a dock box and a telescoping aluminum boat hook, a couple resin chairs, radios, a cell phone or 2, bikes, a refrigerator compressor, sail covers, and sunglasses. There is also a lot of cans and bottles. Unfortunately with the zebra mussels we can't take recycle the cans.

What lake Will?

Maybe we'll go get thosse items together!

SpyderTek

I've always enjoyed long shallow treasure-hunt dives along public swimming areas. You can usually gather up around $10-$50, some jewelery, hair bands, sunglasses, etc. Granted you don't always find that much loot but if you can find a popular swimming hole it's usually worth a treasure hunt or two.

I've never found anything that valuable...someday maybe =)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom