Travis this weekend...hmm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone doing any 'deep diving' this weekend at Travis....just curious, may have a day free after all..??

Wish I could get there but, alas, other engagements await me.
Just curious, though. How is the vis at Travis nowadays? Here in north Texas all the lakes are like chocolate milk with all the run-off, and it's taking a loooooong time for things to settle out again. Has the same problem occurred in the lakes farther south?

Just sent you a PM...

Hey Alan, what day and time did you want to go diving?

k-valve....got your PM....I am just waiting to see what the 'wife has on my list' for this Sat/Sun..

subzero....still in limbo as to the day.

....women! :11:

Can't live with 'em...can't live without 'em...but you don't have to marry 'em! :rofl3:

Seriously...no problem on that...even my girlfriend is the keeper of our non-work schedule! Just let me know if it works out for you to head this way.

Guba:
How is the vis at Travis nowadays?
Vis was excellent last weekend. Silt/white-out until 15' but below that the vis was probable 20' except in "student zones" of course. We stayed shallow and max depth was 46' where ambient light is still fading fast.

k-valve:
Can't live with 'em...can't live without 'em
I know, you men really would just splash around in the mud without us! LOOK! PIES! :blinking: Someone's got to remind you where you left your gear... :wink:

I know, you men really would just splash around in the mud without us! LOOK! PIES! :blinking: Someone's got to remind you where you left your gear... :wink:[/quote]

......:rofl3:

Will be diving at Mansfield Park tomorrow, so I can post the conditions in the afternoon.

Viz last weekend at Mansfield between 30 and 100 feet was pretty good. Maybe 15 feet.
Below 100 it went to touch contact distance (1-2 feet)

Temperature on the bottom (160) was 76 degrees ! All the cold water has gone out of the floodgates.

Back
Top Bottom