Travis Tec divers finding new stuff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guess I'm a dork - LOL

That windy point website has the 681 number in the "how deep is the cool stuff" calculator. I didn't ever put together that it was relative to sea level - I just figured the lake was really really deep (not *that* deep, but deeper than 170) :dork2:

There goes my street cred!

:rofl3:

Nice to hear there's some light in the pecan trees - last time I was there the light died and there was a thermocline just as you reached them. If I were superstitious I would have taken it as A Sign to get out while the gettin' was good. :wink:

Last edited:
do fish move up and down with the water level? -> do fish stake out territory and move only under duress or do they tend to hang out at a particular water depth?

Hmmmmmm....aren't some fish more territorial than others (and less likely to move?). If I were a fish I'd be wherever I could catch my next meal (actually, that pretty much sums up my existance as a human too...).

So with levels at Travis this low and rec divers getting to go where tec divers generally hang out, what sort of coolness are tec divers finding that used to be out of reach?

The lake is only 180ft. deep at normal elev., we are finding a savings in bottom and deco 'gas' fill money! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom