Travelocity Deal Villa Blanca

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim Ingersoll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Could not pass this one up. I got RT air out of Rochester and five nights at the Villa Blanca for $620.00 PP. I hear that the hotel is for sale. Any idea what effect that would have on reservations already made. Be nice cause I already booked for next January.

Tim Ingersoll:
Could not pass this one up. I got RT air out of Rochester and five nights at the Villa Blanca for $620.00 PP. I hear that the hotel is for sale. Any idea what effect that would have on reservations already made. Be nice cause I already booked for next January.

Tim, glad to see you have gotten that urge to dive dive dive back :wink: Glad you are doing better.

Tim, that is a killer deal. Air fare alone for me from Portland, OR is more than your package price.

parrotheaddiver:
Tim, glad to see you have gotten that urge to dive dive dive back :wink: Glad you are doing better.

I'm not sure its the urge to dive is back as much as it is the deal was too good to pass up. This is the annual boys dive trip and I would have had some explaining to do if I had let this one pass without at least letting them know about it.

I am glad that my first dives after being bent will be in Coz where I know the op, the DM and the DCI doctor. I am not sure I will be doing any diving in a destination without a hyperbaric chamber for some time.

Hi Tim!
I too am glad to see you coming back to Cozumel ~ found your previous trip experiences very informative and useful ~ glad you shared them with everyone. The hotel you mention has been for sale for a long time actually [not via real public means] and has yet to sell. If it does however prior to your arrival, I'm sure that any new incoming owners would elect to honor existing reservations ~ most do. Just as with the recent sales of Fiesta Inn [Brisas, Hotel Cozumel] & PLG [Palace Resorts], the new owners will see it's just good business to honor existing reservations. Glad you got such a great deal!!

I stayed in this hotel a few months ago. This is a dump. Make sure you get the superior room which is better. Don't get the standard room.

because I got a $46US/night rate, tax and breakfast included. I was in a "standard" room for 3 days, during which I had absolutely no hot water (hell, no warm, even), and was told each afternoon after returning from diving that the problem had been fixed when it had not. They then moved me to a "suite" (actually just a large room) that did have hot water. The cost of those rooms is probably double their real value, and the entire property needs major renovation. If you stay there and get the free breakfast chits. use them at Temptations across the street, which serves earlier and has a better breakfast.

I will not stay there again. This was my 38th trip and my first stay @ VB, although I had checked it out about 7-8 years ago. I thought it would have improved in that time span, but no such luck. There are MANY, MANY accomodations for the same price or less that are a better value.

But, hey, it's only a room and can't really detract much from the great fun you'll have in Cozumel anyway. Taxi fare is 35 pesos into town.

<')///><

originaljonathan:
I will not stay there again. This was my 38th trip and my first stay @ VB, although I had checked it out about 7-8 years ago. I thought it would have improved in that time span, but no such luck. There are MANY, MANY accomodations for the same price or less that are a better value.

It was too cheap to pass up. Here's my spin. . .it may be a dump but . . I don't spend a lot of time in the room or the resort when in Cozumel. If it really sucks I plan to grab a room somewhere else for a couple nights (Hotel Bahia?). The price I got was $150.00/pp cheaper than the best airfare alone price I could get.

Tim Ingersoll:
It was too cheap to pass up. Here's my spin. . .it may be a dump but . . I don't spend a lot of time in the room or the resort when in Cozumel. If it really sucks I plan to grab a room somewhere else for a couple nights (Hotel Bahia?). The price I got was $150.00/pp cheaper than the best airfare alone price I could get.

Like I said above:
"But, hey, it's only a room and can't really detract much from the great fun you'll have in Cozumel anyway. Taxi fare is 35 pesos into town."

I have stayed in worse, and I have stayed in better, and for a bargain trip, I'll cut corners on everything but the diving. I remember Coz trips where I spent less than $1k for me alone for r/t scheduled air from Tampa, hotel, food and more-than-sensible drinks, diving, taxis and souvenirs for a week in Coz (God! Am I showing my age or what? [actually that was only about 6-7 years ago]).

I got some great bargain (and real, down-home local) eating spots on my list if you're interested in good and cheap.

HAVE A BLAST, BRO!

<')///><

Back
Top Bottom