Travelling with Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always travel with my reg, computers, mask, swimsuit and at least a toothbrush in a roll aboard. My little camera fits in my shirt pocket without the housing. Never had any problems yet and this practice proved itself this year when all of my checked luggage was lost for 3 days.

I am actually tempted to carry on my SS back plate next week to save a few pounds in my checked luggage if I need to. Last year TSA actually stole my TSA approved lock that I had on my scuba gear bag.

I am actually tempted to carry on my SS back plate next week to save a few pounds in my checked luggage if I need to. Last year TSA actually stole my TSA approved lock that I had on my scuba gear bag.

I have a LIST....LONG LIST.....of missing items since TSA came about when I missed nothing prior. Coincidence?

Interesting that some say they always get inspected when carrying regs. I _never_ have. I've flown thru the following airports with full regs, computer, cameras, camera dive case, mask, and more with not even a second look... STL, ORD, MDW, IND, DFW, IAH, CZM, CUN, BON, MBJ, MIA, ATL, CLT.

I didn't even get slowed down or questioned when I carried mine on last week. They also did not question my SS backplate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom