Travelling with a pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I carry my pony on every trip. I have a trans fill adapter, so I disconnect the 1st stage and pack it open and empty. I assemble it on location and have had no problems. Its been on 5 international trips with no issues.

The trans fill keeps the shops from getting hands on it and I can look in the tank and fill it myself. Its great when overseas and unfamiliar buddies are around.

Scubaboard ... the only place where a thread title like "Traveling with a pony" doesn't evoke images of riding a small, horse-like creature over a significant distance ... :rofl3:

I've decided to just bring along my stage bottle hardware, and rig up one of the resort bottles on my next trip to Bonaire. I'll just grab an extra AL80 from the tank rack, and set it up for my dives. It has its down points, but its just something else to consider...

Tom

Back
Top Bottom