Travelling to Bonaire from Canada/USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kltalsma

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

first post here(intro will come later) but hoping to find some good info on the subject.

We will be in Canada (brantford/Hamilton area) next may for a wedding. To make this a holiday also we would like to go diving in Bonaire.

What would be our best options for travel, family suggestied traveling from Buffalo, but seeing we will bring our own equipment the best option would be a direct flight or a minimum numbers of connections.

Any advice is greatly apreciated

Regards

KL...Welcome!

Recommended travel to Bonaire:

Continental, Buffalo to Newark NJ, then direct to Bonaire (Red Eye flight)

Spirit Air out of Boston to San Juan, then AE to BON (EXCELLENT RATES RIGHT NOW)

American to Bonaire through San Juan (7 days a week during high season, 5 during low season)

If you are travelling after February 9th 2008, then check out Delta BUF - BON 1 stop in Atlanta, then Direct to Bonaire (Saturday to Saturday)

Hope this helps!

Liz

KL...Welcome!

Recommended travel to Bonaire:

Continental, Buffalo to Newark NJ, then direct to Bonaire (Red Eye flight)

Spirit Air out of Boston to San Juan, then AE to BON (EXCELLENT RATES RIGHT NOW)

American to Bonaire through San Juan (7 days a week during high season, 5 during low season)

If you are travelling after February 9th 2008, then check out Delta BUF - BON 1 stop in Atlanta, then Direct to Bonaire (Saturday to Saturday)

Hope this helps!

Liz

Buffalo would seem to be the best option.
Not sure about the ticket arrangement.

itenerary would be

Amsterdam -> Toronto
Buffalo -> Bonaire
Bonaire -> Amsterdam

What about customs and having no retun ticket?, would that be problematic?

Of maby

Toronto - Amsterdam (retun tickets)
Buffalo - Bonaire (return tickets)

First off, hello from the Brantford area. Secondly, why travel from Buffalo? I assume it's less expensive? I'm sure you could make the flight from Toronto.

Jim

First off, hello from the Brantford area. Secondly, why travel from Buffalo? I assume it's less expensive? I'm sure you could make the flight from Toronto.

Jim

Family advised this as the cheaper option, i'm sure the flights could be made from toronto but would be much more expensive. Ofcourse flights from Toronto would be our first choice.

kltalsma,

The return flight is not a problem as you are going to go on to Amsterdam. What you will probably have to do is book 2 separate tickets. KLM is the only airline that flies direct from Bonaire to Amsterdam. You will just have to present your tickets showing you will be leaving the island and heading to Amsterdam.

Hope this helps.

Liz

kltalsma,

The return flight is not a problem as you are going to go on to Amsterdam. What you will probably have to do is book 2 separate tickets. KLM is the only airline that flies direct from Bonaire to Amsterdam. You will just have to present your tickets showing you will be leaving the island and heading to Amsterdam.

Hope this helps.

Liz

Thats if we're on one way tickets i guess. however i'm still figuring out what would be the best combination of travel time vs ticketprice.

Dont know if 2 return tickets per person are cheaper then 3 one-way tickets per person

kind regards,

Did manage to find a good deal for amsterdam, toronto and bonaire to amsterdam.

would it be a problem to fly from toronto to a us city and transfer to a bonaire flight from there?
I assume a visa is needed?

buffalo to bonaire is the cheaper option, but i think crossing the border first and travelling to the buffalo airport looks like a lot of extra effort to me.

Best bet would be Toronto to Newark Liberty Airport, then the direct flight to Bonaire on Continental.

It depends on where you are from if you need a Visa to come to Bonaire. If you have a US or Canadian, or Dutch Passport, you will not need a Visa.

Liz

Back
Top Bottom