Travelling Divers...Maui, Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaka Doug

Contributor
Reaction score
Kihei, Maui, Hawaii 96753, middle of the 808!
# of dives
Hey Aloha eh!,

I meet a lot of folks from up there in BC and was wondering about how many of you dive only there compared to how many of you dive only on trips, like Hawaii or Mexico. I'm working on my forecasts for next year and am interested in the Canadian perspective, (eh)?

Aloha and Shaka!!

Doug

Just bought a drysuit so I could dive "locally".

However.....I'm still planning on 2 weeks in Maui at Xmas :D

And with a bit of luck, a week in Coz before that.

90% of my diving is done locally with the remainder done on vacations which are always planned around diving. I actually prefer local diving over warm water diving but I always get excited about dive vacations.

The best vacation I've had so far was a 3 week shore diving bonanza based in Kona and I'm looking forward to doing the same on the other Hawaiian islands in the coming years. This year is Bonaire, but my next stop will be Maui.

100% local diving, never been tropical. If I were to go for a dive only vaca I think I would pick a location where I could see a lot of stuff shore diving cheaply and at my own pace, like Bonaire.

About 80% local B.C. and some Washigton state. Will be in Maui Sept 4-21 this year and will give youa call for some night dives. Have tried to hook up with you before but just didn't work out. See you in September Doug.

Probably 80% local, 20% vacations here too.

Probably about 50/50 for me as I love the cold water diving on the West Coast. But most of the people who say to me "Hey, I'm a diver too" are into vacation diving and don't bother with local stuff. I think your product suits those folks well.

BTW...was good diving with you in February. Trying to send more folks your way.

All local for me also, no need to leave BC waters. I mean, I don't want to become addicted to warm water diving :wink:

100% tropical. I got drysuit certified in hopes of diving locally but disliked the experience. I've thought of grabbing a cheap pkg to Hawaii as it's a direct flight but my understanding is boat dives are quite pricey in Hawaii as is food. Plus the diving doesn't really compare to SE Asia, for example.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom