Traveling to florida how to pack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrg7243

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi,

I will be traveling to scuba sea base down in the keys in less than a week. I will be flying non-stop all the way. I will be bringing my BCD, regs(in a reg bag) fins, booties, mask, snorkel, weight belt. Does anyone have any reccomendatyions in regards to packing all this and keeping safe and protected, I will probably be bringing my BCD and Regs in the carryon everthing else in the checked bag.

I travel (fly) to Florida for diving several times a year. My method for lugging the gear is to carry on the regs and computers, everything else is checked. I doubt that you'll be able to fit your BCD in a bag that meets carry on limits. Most airlines have a max checked bag size of 62 inches height + width + depth and 50 pounds. The gear that you check (BCD, fins, wetsuit) should easily fit in this size bag. My wife and I bring everything except tanks and weights, check 2 bags, one for the gear and one for clothes, etc, and carry on regs/computers bag and another with dive camera, masks, and the smaller dive gear. The only airline I'm aware of that doesn't charge for the first two checked bags is Southwest, within size and weight limits. You should be able to use them out of BWI to Florida.

...well, not sure why you'd want to put your BC in your carry-on ? A BC isn't likely to be 'hurt' via your checked bag. I bring my regs/computers/camera in carry-on...some also bring lights/masks in carry-on, as they are more fragile. Carry-on is reserved, for me anyway, for fragile/expensive/smaller items......my fins/BC are way too heavy/bulky to bring as carry-ons as my other items take priority there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom