Traveling to Cozumel with or without passport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got mine last month (passport) and paid the few extra bucks for the expidited processing. I recieved it within 5 days. I was told it would take a week and a half. I was pleasantly surprised by the department's effeciency.

-Dennis

When I applied for my renewal a few years ago, I was not aware there was a system for expediting the return. After waiting and waiting and waiting (and my holiday approaching rapidly), I paid the $75 and got my new passport back the day before I left for London. That was cutting it a little too close...

plus - you never know when you'll have the opportunity to go to Europe or somewhere else fantastic diving! might come in handy to get your passport now ;-)

Being a married woman who took her husband's last name, and having just visted Mexico in June, the passport is the way to go.

It's an extra $60 to expedite, but mine was ready for pick up the very next day.

Dealing with all the paperwork in Mexico can be a little confusing (the stewardess didn't give me the right forms and I had to go back to the end of the line and get them). I wouldn't want to also be juggling the birth cert, drivers license and marriage cert as well.

You can get all the info on the passport at:
http://travel.state.gov/passport_services.html

It's nice because you can download all the forms you need there too!

MaresMan1 once bubbled...

. You will also be issued a travel voucher that you must keep with you, in order to leave Mexico.

See..no one ever told me that when I went to Mexico. I had to run around trying to get another one before I could leave. Ticked me off royaly.

Yuh, but you would have been stuck in Mexico. Poor thing. :D

Add me to the list of proponents for getting a passport. I carry mine all the time (yes, I have copies) and it comes in handy more than I realized.
Plus, it's good peace of mind that I can get on a plane any time I want when the mood strikes me. All I need is that and a credit card and I am golden.
(you all think I am kidding, don't you?)

Back
Top Bottom