Traveling question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you talking a commercial truck driver or just a pickup?

Either way, that don't do much for me. In fact, I bet you could kick my butt. Stay away from wreckwriter, he might hire you to teach me some manners. :)

Red Toyota T100 extended cab 4x4, with a camper shell. I need it to carry all the dive gear :eek:ut: And I'm actually quite sweet- in a wicked sort of way:wink:

Wow o-ring...you got me beat by far, but i've only been a member for a couple two tree months.

keep up the good work. :wink:

jepuskar once bubbled...
Wow o-ring...you got me beat by far, but i've only been a member for a couple two tree months.

keep up the good work. :wink:
I changed it...geez

jepuskar once bubbled...
Why did u change it?
Because "they" ( :alien: ) are watching...

chepar once bubbled...

but I was wondering how the concealed weapon thing works from state to state - i.e. chickdiver has a permit for Florida, but say she travels to Ohio - does the Florida permit "apply" while she's in Ohio, or does she need to "temporarily register" while in Ohio, etc., etc.? What about international travel? Not that I have a gun or anything, but this question came to mind as I read the responses.

From the NRA website ( http://mynra.org ) ref Fla CCW:

These states recognize your permit:
Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Wyoming

This state recognizes permits from the following states:
Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Wyoming.

A little bit of search on that site can provide considerable data. the reciprocity map can be found at:

http://www.nraila.org/recmap/usrecmap.htm

International rules get really wierd. On both sides of the borders north and south simple possesion of even spent ammunition can be at least as bad as in Washington DC and Mass. here at home. Possession of even a spent pistol cartridge without the firearm to fit it in DC can (but usually doesn't) yield 10 years in Club Fed's crowbar hotels but will ruin a couple days of travel at best. Mass. doesn't recognise US transport law at the officer level on the street or at the DA level. You'll beat the possession in Federal Court on appeal provieded you are following Fed transport law, after spending a few grand on lawyers and bail even if the transport is according to the "uniform rules" contained in federal statutes. The same cavalier attitude concerning federal transport rules also applies in at least parts of New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Ohio, Illinois, Colorado, Tesas, California, and Oregon. The Clintonistas encouraged this behavior by the local Gestapos. It may take a while to break them of the habit of harrassing citizens.

Bahamas and Mexico prohibits civilian possession almost all weapons (not just firearms), as do many of the island nations of the Carribean. Tourists on a Registered Vessel may be armed in the Bahamas provided the arms are part of the vessel's declaired equipment and do not leave the ship. On a non-registered vessel you may loose the boat even if the weapons are declaired at entry. Expect Bahamian customs to lay hands on any weapon and count cartridges both enteriing and leaving Bahamian waters.

FT

Back
Top Bottom