Traveling question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I roomed with a woman, I would find myself being a little more cleaner..ie: clean up my mess etc.

I would also tend to be a little less likely to let my true personality shine thru immediately..but this depends on the personality of the woman.

Now with a guy, I tend to be more immature rather quickly because usually guys are pretty immature and it is an accepted practice. Although, I have met some pretty immature female scuba divers...pretty cool uh?

Again, at this point, I dont care...

the search continues. :wink:

I have travelled with both male and female buddies. If I am going on a dive trip...I am going on a dive trip.

Some male buddies tend to get interested in bottle time over bottom time so you must be aware ahead of time.

I have to ask....FredK, is it true you married your dive buddy, cold hands and all?

So true and you know it, married dive buddy and my boss!

I hear ya......I am finding out that alot of things have to fall into place in order for my search to successful.

1)Someone can go in Jan/Feb.
2)They dont have a problem sharing a room
3)We agree on dates/place to stay/diving package/ etc.
4)What kind of diving we will be doing...are both people comfortable with that?

Also, once all of this is in place, there is the getting to know em before the trip. Heck, its gonna be ackward enough once we actually meet, but it would be great to communicate as much as possible before the trip.

With a woman, do we even bring up the 'sex' talk? For instance, if I was going with a guy, I wouldn't say...ok Flip, just wanna let you know that I don't expect any funny business in bed tonight ok...lolol, but if going with a woman....does it even need to be said...even in an indirect way?

Jason

Jason:
Be careful I'm starting to see your bad boy side come out.

IMHO if a woman wants to have some hoochie coochie with you, you will know it.
Assume she doesn't and you'll have a better chance at finding a dive buddy.

where are you looking for a dive buddy?

if you're looking primarily on this board, then show your potential buddy this thread. if you're placing ads, do the typical SINGLE STRAIGHT FEMALE ISO PLATONIC DIVE BUDDY, M or F blah blah blah. whoever responds may still act like a jerk, but at least you were clear up front.

random thoughts:

* on three or four liveaboards i've roomed with strangers, one man, the rest women. all situations worked out easily and well. i bonded better with the women, but that was because this guy and i didn't have much in common.

* safety-wise, while most of the men i've met travelling have been perfectly well behaved, several of them left something to be desired.

i meet more positive people than negative people in this world. nowadays, though, i try to screen a little better.

HEY -- ONLY FOUR MORE DAYS TILL (Y)OUR BIRTHDAY. WOO HOO!!!

judy

DiveMistress...there cant be that many creeps on the planet can there? Not all nice guys are married or gay.

Jepuskar dont forget about eating arrangements. There is nothing worse than eating a nice juicy steak infront of a vegetarian.

Find a good, safe buddy that likes the same type of diving as you and forget about the gender thing.

Mind you on that note one of my best dive buddy's husband sometimes gets a little funny when I take his wife away for the weekend. But then he does not look happy when I bring her back. LOL

Divemistress has your message been edited or was I narced last night. My post now makes no sense. All the creepy guy stories are missing

let me see whether i can come up with a compromise that meets regulator approval.

Judy --

Thats right...not too much longer and I'll be the ripe age of 26.

I'm looking for a buddy for my Bonaire trip which will take place sometime in Jan/ possibly Feb. Defintely want someone to room with, they really hit you up if you stay alone.

Bubble Maker -- I dont think the food situation will be a problem. Watch I find someone who says..you dont eat meat do you?? lol

Natasha -- Here I am trying to find someone to go wtih me and you mention I have a bad boy side..gee thanks. :)

Although I guess it doesnt take too much searching to find that out, but I'm on good behavior now.

BTW, I havent heard hoochie coochie in a long time!!

Back
Top Bottom