Traveling from the USA to Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think taking the valves off is overkill and hopefully it won't come down to that in the future. When I lived in Ontario I'd occasionally buy equipment in Detroit. One such visit yielded two faber LP85s. I was out of room in my car so I put them on the front seat, strapped in with the seatbelt. I sure got some strange looks from the customs agent.

Customs *might* ask you to be able to open them up to make sure there's nothing inside. Or they might just shake it a bit.

The serial # thing I'd suggest though (unless they don't have TC stamps, then it's really obvious they didn't come from here).

Been many times to dive sites in Washington from BC and back with no problems. I even bought my steels (used ) in washington and brought them back home without any problem. Of course I didn't tell Canada customs about my purchase. A couple of Sunday's ago a bunch of us went dowwn to keystone and the US border guy told us that the state troopers could give us a ticket for transporting dangerous goods!!! ie: scuba tanks Never heard that one before. Anyway you shouldn't have any problems. Enjoy our diving.

Back
Top Bottom