travelers checks in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squarepants once bubbled...
Or do they even have .50 pesos? Maybe a dumb question, but I hate the idea of paying $10.50 USD.

Good point. The $10.50 could have been pesos, especially if it was pesos that the machine dispensed. It can be hard to tell if it is not explicitly noted whether it's US dollars or pesos, since they sometimes use the same ($) symbol.

I used them last june with no problems. But the best way to get cash was the atm in the Supermarket across from the Plaza Las Glorias Hotel. I also used my Amex card. Got the best rate of exchange that way.

Have a great time

We used them as well, but some places won't take them. We also used the ATM acrossed from PLG. We took a lot of ones (for tips) and $200 in trav. checks, and then mixed 5's 10's and 20's. I liked the idea of having trav checks in case you lost them, or they got stolen.
:guitar:

the sharkman once bubbled...
We used them as well, but some places won't take them. We also used the ATM acrossed from PLG. We took a lot of ones (for tips) and $200 in trav. checks, and then mixed 5's 10's and 20's. I liked the idea of having trav checks in case you lost them, or they got stolen.
:guitar:

Where did you encounter a refusal to accept traveler's checks? I have been to Coz many times and never had that happen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom