Wanted Travel Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rabbit732

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for an 18lb Travel Wing.
My current wing is much too large both for me and travel. Currently using a Dive Rite Voyager EXP on a SS Dive Rite Transpac plate.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Brandon

I would say the Argonaut is your best option. These are back in stock, and at good price:
Store | Vintage Double Hose

The only other 18-pound wing I know of is the OxyCheq Mach V:
Northeast Scuba Supply Store - Search Results for "18#"
Unfortunately, they are hard to come by at the moment because Hurricane Michael took out a major OxyCheq supplier. I was lucky enough get one before it hit, but I have been waiting for my second wing to ship for weeks now. They are $320, compared to the $239 for the Argonaut wing in the link above.

Halcyon makes a 20-pound wing:
Halcyon Eclipse - Halcyon Dive Systems

Love the 18# Argonaut Dive (VDH)

DH in Curacao.jpg
HOG makes a 23# and Deep6 makes a 20#. I have all but the Oxy. Top of the list to me is the Argonaut Dive (VDH). HOG is nice, but a bit wide. Deep6 is "in-between" and longer....

I used to travel with the 30# Oxy MachV

Argonaut Dive also has the 23#...

Keep one thing in mind when considering one of these low lift wings:
It's advantageous if they provide enough lift so your system will float on the surface without you in it.
That includes your cylinder, plus pouched weights.
(Have you ever boarded a small boat without a ladder?)

I dive the VDH 23#.
Love it.

K

Thank you for the suggestions.
I’ve heard good things about the Argonaut. Obviously Halcyon is a solid choice.
Do you guys have any insight on any of the suggested wings vs the Dive Rite travel wing?

The DR Travel Wing is a solid piece of gear, but will lack the "roll control". You might need some form of a STA (mini or 2 piece) for tank stability. Also, does your plate have cam band slots?

I'd go VDH before DR....

I have a 23lb Hog wing with built in sta that I’ll let go for $200+ shipping.

The DR Travel Wing is a solid piece of gear, but will lack the "roll control". You might need some form of a STA (mini or 2 piece) for tank stability. Also, does your plate have cam band slots?

I'd go VDH before DR....
My plate has a single tank adapter with cam bands on it. As long as I can use it with the VDH I’ll take a serious look at that option.
I’ll probably call them this week

Your STA might conflict with the roll control on the wing. As much as I love this wing, I don't want you to make the wrong choice for your rig.... You are best to ask Bryan directly.

Back
Top Bottom