"Travel" Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GoBlue!

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all-

So I've been reading all the dive light posts with interest...clearly a lot out there, and technology's a'changin'....

My wife & I want to outfit ourselves with dive lights for a trip to Bonaire. Night diving will be the primary use, and I don't necessarily need to alert everyone in the ocean that I"m in the water (i.e., it's a NIGHT dive....not a daylight dive at night.. :wink: ). At the same time, swimming around with a wimpy penlight won't cut it, either.

So, I'm looking for (1) relatively lightweight & convenient for travel, (2) good enough to serve as a primary light for shallow night dives.

We don't necessarily need to get the same light, either. We're always in quite close proximity, especially at night, so having one "bigger" and one "smaller" light would be an option.

Recommendations?

Thanks,
Jim

GoBlue!:
So, I'm looking for (1) relatively lightweight & convenient for travel, (2) good enough to serve as a primary light for shallow night dives.

I would recommend the UK C4 eLED. It's quite small and gives more than adequate light for your needs, imho.

http://www.uwkinetics.com/D_C4eLED.htm

The princeton tec shockwave LED looks like a pretty cool light. Dunno if it's bigger than what you're looking for but i've heard it's very bright, batteries last forever, bulbs last forever, and pretty cheap. I travel with the 8C UK LED light which is very similar.

GoBlue!:
Hey all-

So I've been reading all the dive light posts with interest...clearly a lot out there, and technology's a'changin'....

My wife & I want to outfit ourselves with dive lights for a trip to Bonaire. Night diving will be the primary use, and I don't necessarily need to alert everyone in the ocean that I"m in the water (i.e., it's a NIGHT dive....not a daylight dive at night.. :wink: ). At the same time, swimming around with a wimpy penlight won't cut it, either.

We don't necessarily need to get the same light, either. We're always in quite close proximity, especially at night, so having one "bigger" and one "smaller" light would be an option.

Recommendations?

Thanks,
Jim

Hi Jim,

Visit www.mantaindustries.com and look under Green Force. Take a look at our Fun Star. It is light weight, compact and very bright. It is a 3 watt LDT that will burn for 16 hours off of 8 AA batteries. Like all Green Force Lights, it is completely expandable and up-gradeable, even to HID.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks - Greg

DivesWithTurtle:
I think it's $325 (msrp) for a 3 watt LED. Ouch.

We'll take 10% the Purchase price if purchase thru one of our dealers and referenced off of Scubaboard! Contact us first though.

Thanks - Greg

Buy a couple UK Light Cannons just dont pack the batteries for the trip down.

I use the Princeton "Mini" pack and have no complaints.

BTW - I like less light more than having a light canon underwater.

Back
Top Bottom