Travel harness for Hydros Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr_rhythm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey folks -

Newly certified diver here (as of a few weeks ago). After doing closed water cert in a scuba pro jacket bcd, I went poking around and found a used Hydros Pro from a member here. I did my OW in it and absolutely loved it. After doing some additional research,looks like there is a travel harness you can use instead of the fairly large integrated weight pockets that come with it.

That’s something I’d like to try out, but the person I purchased from didn’t have it anymore and I can’t find a part number or anything related online.

So the question - Is anyone aware of a compatible travel harness for the HP, and or how to get my hands on the one that comes with the HP originally? I’m working on connecting to SP directly but figured I’d ask here, too..

Thanks much!

Hey folks -

Newly certified diver here (as of a few weeks ago). After doing closed water cert in a scuba pro jacket bcd, I went poking around and found a used Hydros Pro from a member here. I did my OW in it and absolutely loved it. After doing some additional research,looks like there is a travel harness you can use instead of the fairly large integrated weight pockets that come with it.

That’s something I’d like to try out, but the person I purchased from didn’t have it anymore and I can’t find a part number or anything related online.

So the question - Is anyone aware of a compatible travel harness for the HP, and or how to get my hands on the one that comes with the HP originally? I’m working on connecting to SP directly but figured I’d ask here, too..

Thanks much!
Your local dive shop that carries SCUBAPRO should be able to order one for you. I went to my local shop to order the harness clips when I could not find a part number or a way to order them directly myself. For safety, consider wearing weight belt with the travel harness as dumping weights stored in the trim pockets will be challenging.

Your local dive shop that carries SCUBAPRO should be able to order one for you. I went to my local shop to order the harness clips when I could not find a part number or a way to order them directly myself. For safety, consider wearing weight belt with the travel harness as dumping weights stored in the trim pockets will be challenging.
Thanks Bill. And yes, 100% on the weights. I’m looking at some smaller pockets that can attach to the harness and carry the weight I need and still be quickly dumpable. I just want to try out something a little smaller than the existing integrated weights on the Hydros. I’ll check with LDS. Just weird you can’t find any mention of it online.

Back
Top Bottom