Travel DIR Scuba Canister LED Light 15 WT, 1000+ lumen DIR , LIIO, tight beam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best way i found is to find a piece of a "semi translucent" plastic bottle and cut it so it fits ..

For anyone on the fence, this light is ridiculously good for $250. You WILL NOT find a better deal anywhere. I dive side-mount and dropped 35lbs worth of galvanized back plates with a bc on top of the light can by accident and there is not even a mark on it.
The plexi on the front lens is thicker than pope-mobile glass! It's crazy.
Awesome job, Andrew. Ever think about selling components? This would make a cool Sunday project to put together.

Thanks for a good word. Glad it is performing to my specs :)
I was thinking to sell kit for DIY, however you would need to get bunch extra items that even used in small quantity require to buy whole pack. Therefore it is cheaper just buy whole thing..

P.S. I have one more set left FYI

bump, i have new batch. is anyone diving this year?

andrewy, this looks awesome. I may order, but I was wondering if you have any plans to make a "big brother" to these lights. something in the 1500-2000 lumen range?

2000 lumen is too much for our waters. unless you doing video and this is NOT a video light
most of folks here dive with 21wt HID or 10wt LED.
I even sold my 35wt hid as i never dove it after test. :)

2000 lumen is too much for our waters. unless you doing video and this is NOT a video light
most of folks here dive with 21wt HID or 10wt LED.
I even sold my 35wt hid as i never dove it after test. :)

Thanks for the quick reply. A couple more questions.

Is there any electrical protection for the battery cells over discharging below 3.5 V?

If i wanted to get a light and then decided the make my own spare battery packs, and max out the capacity, how many 18650's could I fit into the canister? 3? 4? or more? I know that orbtronics makes some 18650's rated at 3400mAh. Even just using 4 of those in parallel those would yield a 13.6 Ah pack... or about an extra hour of burn time.

Thanks for the quick reply. A couple more questions.

Is there any electrical protection for the battery cells over discharging below 3.5 V?

If i wanted to get a light and then decided the make my own spare battery packs, and max out the capacity, how many 18650's could I fit into the canister? 3? 4? or more? I know that orbtronics makes some 18650's rated at 3400mAh. Even just using 4 of those in parallel those would yield a 13.6 Ah pack... or about an extra hour of burn time.

Hmmmmm. . . I'm getting between 4 and 4.5 hours of burn time. That is some pretty significant deco you're pulling there. . .

Nah not deco. I use lights on almost every dive, primarily for signalling. Most of my dives lately are around 70-90 minutes (on nitrox), and all within ndl. I'd been using the DRIS 1000, but was tired of chewing through C batteries(both expensive and not eco friendly), so I wanted to get something rechargeable. I was looking at getting something together I could do two or three dives a day on without having to worry about charging in between, and to have a spare battery for full dive weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom