Travel BP/W setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm using a AL BP with hog harness and an Oxycheq Mach V Extreme Wing. No STA needed. It's worked very well for me when traveling. With a 3mm wetsuit, I'm getting by with 2lbs. I divide the weight in pockets attached to the bottom tank strap where I can reach them.

divers point in Wilson St. San juan is the local distributor of Oxycheq. ellen the owner is here on scubaboard.

Thanks for all the replies. I just contacted Diver's point. They have the Oxycheq soft STA. Anybody used this before?

Thanks for all the replies. I just contacted Diver's point. They have the Oxycheq soft STA. Anybody used this before?

Haven't used it, but as I mentioned before, you don't necessarily need a STA. I would check first to make sure before forking over the money :) I've got over a 100 dives on my setup and never needed it. :coffee:

Thanks Bill. My current wing is an eclipse. It has no cutouts for the cambands. I weighed the Halcyon STA with the cambands its only about 3.3 lbs. I think I can live with that.

Thanks Bill. My current wing is an eclipse. It has no cutouts for the cambands. I weighed the Halcyon STA with the cambands its only about 3.3 lbs. I think I can live with that.

Ahh... my bad :( I've not been online much lately and have just been skimming through threads. I missed that you had the Eclipse wing. Don't know how I managed that since it was in the OP :shakehead:

Enjoy your new setup :)

I'm using a AL BP with hog harness and an Oxycheq Mach V Extreme Wing. No STA needed. It's worked very well for me when traveling. With a 3mm wetsuit, I'm getting by with 2lbs. I divide the weight in pockets attached to the bottom tank strap where I can reach them.

Geez Bill, only 2lbs? I have the same and I usually need 10lbs with pretty much the same set up. I guess I need to work out more, getting too flabby:depressed:

I use a Deep Sea Supply Kydex plate for travel, and when I was diving wet, I used their 17 lb tropical wing. The wing packs down absolutely flat and small. I take the cambands off the plate and the whole thing takes up very little space. DSS wings have built-in STAs, so you don't need that piece.

+1. You can put it at the bottom of your hand luggage and you'd hardly know it was there.

Geez Bill, only 2lbs? I have the same and I usually need 10lbs with pretty much the same set up. I guess I need to work out more, getting too flabby:depressed:

It's not that bad Jason :wink: Remember I'm pretty much always diving with my camera which has to be taken into account also (probably should have mentioned that). That's another 5.5 lbs just for the strobes (the camera becomes pretty much neutral in the housing). That's only 2.5 lbs difference.

Plus I doubt that my "3mm" is really a "3mm" at this point. I have probably close to 200 dives in that suit. I suspect that it's probably a little compressed" by now :D

Back
Top Bottom