Travel BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Piccola

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I want to throw the question out for some advice/opinions. I am considering purchasing a travel BC. I travel enough with my gear to justify the need. I want one with an alternate air source/inflator. I looked (on-line) as several choices; the scubapro geo and litehawk, the aqualung zuma. I want something that will be good in all water temps as much of my travel is to areas that full suits/hood/gloves/boots are required. I like the litehawk as it looks like a slimmed down version of the ladyhawk (the one I own) except it does not have a cummerbund and weight system. I am trying to pick and choose the 'have to haves' from the 'niceties'. I kind of think a rigid tank plate would be more stable at all depth and at all entries, especially if you have back troubles but I have not tried a jacket without a rigid plate.

Most if not all the dive sites involve travel for myself I have always been very concerned about weight and reliability.

My initial purchase was a Halcyon bp/w but the latest offerings like the zeagle express tech, litehawk, zuma and transpac are all very good travel alternatives.

Personally I would go for the zeagle express tech as it is really affordable, light and with the 35 lbs wing, would even be suitable for side mount diving.

A bp/w is very stable and totally easy to pack but it is a bit heavier than some of the other offerings. If I had to choose a bp/w again I would rather get this package from caveadventurers:
http://caveadventurers.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_74&products_id=692

SangP

zeagle express tech

I'm also in the process of putting together a travel BC and how the luggage weight limit is going lower and lower this is what i have decided.

Oxycheq Ultralight travel BP: $ 44.00
Deluxe Adj. Harness: 88.00
Mach V 40lbs: 280.00 or OMS Elastomeric (Maybe?) $250
$412 total all from caveadventurers.com

I have the Aeris 5 Oceans with the Air II (7lbs 8oz dry). It is a back inflate, has 40lbs of lift, accepts up to 30lbs of lead (20 releasable, 10 in the tank pockets).
The issue with most "travel" bcd's is they only accept up to 20lbs of weight.
I have yet to dive it warm water but it worked perfect in Canada (42 degrees at depth), and is an amazing BCD. It really is an all around performer.
Get Wet!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom