Travel BC back support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would appreciate any comments on the Zuma lightweight travel BC. I am a woman trying to lighten the load of what I take on vacation, but do not want to sacrifice safety, function, comfort. Thanks!

The Aeries 5 Oceans kicks azz... It has a hard plate for the tank and 35 lbs of lift!! Also with integrated weights.

For overall Control, Comfort & Freedom with a PLATE go with a Halcyon 30lbs. Eclipse System with an Aluminum backplate. It packs (can take apart for optimum packing) nice and small as well.

For overall Control, Comfort & Freedom in a SOFT PACK you can go with a DiveRite Transpac with either a Travel or Venture wing. Although it is a soft pack there is plenty of support because of the harness and plenty of padding on the back as well.

These are the Top 2 systems that our divers go with when they test dive them in our pool. Once in a harness style system they don't even want to look at a jacket style.

I use and recommend the Zeagle Express tech. I sold my Oceanic Probe after I got the Express. It is now my pool and travel bc and there is nothing digging into your back. And for 250 bucks retail( I didn't pay that for mine though) you cannot beat it. And since I prefer a weight belt anyway non integration is no big deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom