transportation from Manila to Batangas Port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divenut1959

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone have a contact for car service from Manila to Batangas port? I have checked the Is Si-Kat bus/ferry option but traveling alone I am a bit unsure of going this route. Sorry I have this fear of my bags not being on the bus when I get to Batangas...I wanted to explore an option to hire a driver to take me down to the port and pick me up 8 days later. Any suggestions on safe and reasonable contacts that one can provide me will be appreciated.

Thanks for any input

Hey my friend, I just returned from the Philippines today and did a diving trip to Puerto Galeras. Private transportation from Manila airport to Batangas pier is going to be pricey--about 7,000 pesos round trip or $140 US. You can just Google it and find some sites for your ride. I've taken two trips to Galera and took the bus both times but not from Manila--from Calamba which is just south of Manila and it was a lot cheaper than a private ride--less than $10. The bus was fine--no problems with luggage and they will drop you right at the port where you will get your ticket for the crossing to Puerto Galera. If you know where you are staying there you can also contact your hotel and they should be able to arrange transportation for you too. You can take a taxi to the bus station ( Buendia station) and they should have buses leaving all the time--no schedule, they leave when they are full which doesn't take long--about a 2 hour or so ride to Batangas. When you return to Batangas from Puerto Galera you will have a lot of offers for private transportation from people to get back to Manila. I found the buses easy and safe--no problems at all with luggage as it goes down below and is locked--you can watch them put it in. If I can help with any other questions you may have just let me know.

Thats is great to hear thanks for reassuring me....yes I have done the 7000 pesos and takes a bit out of the budget. I am staying at the Pan Pacific and I know the SiKat bus leaves very near the hotel for bus /ferry for like 800 pesos. But your information opens up my options,,,

When you returned to Manila did you return to Calamba? same place as your departure? Thanks

Yes I returned to Calamba. When you get off the ferry from Puerto Galera and walk into the parking lot you will see about 75 buses (at least)--most heading to Manila. There is a table set up there that will give you info on which bus to take--they leave like every five minutes. They'll take care of you (all speak English)--no worries! When you get to Batangas from Manila just follow the signs for tickets to Puerto Galera (keep going left across the street). There will be three different ferry lines going there---all the same price--230 pesos one way plus 90 pesos terminal fee. They will have big signs saying when their boat leaves---pick the next one leaving and be sure it's going where you want to go--either Sabang or Muelle piers--Father & Sons goes from one to the other in the same trip. When you get close to the ticket counter for the ferries in Batangas someone will approach you asking where you are going and will take you to the ticket counter and take care of you--it's normal. Then after getting your ticket they will take you into the waiting area for the ferries (it's quite nice), they will make announcements for the departing ferries---be careful here--a porter will try to take your bags for you and take them to the ferry---that's okay but they are going to want a tip--50 or 60 pesos should do it--it's nice if you're carrying a large gear bag--otherwise just roll it out there yourself.

Yes I returned to Calamba. When you get off the ferry from Puerto Galera and walk into the parking lot you will see about 75 buses (at least)--most heading to Manila. There is a table set up there that will give you info on which bus to take--they leave like every five minutes. They'll take care of you (all speak English)--no worries! When you get to Batangas from Manila just follow the signs for tickets to Puerto Galera (keep going left across the street). There will be three different ferry lines going there---all the same price--230 pesos one way plus 90 pesos terminal fee. They will have big signs saying when their boat leaves---pick the next one leaving and be sure it's going where you want to go--either Sabang or Muelle piers--Father & Sons goes from one to the other in the same trip. When you get close to the ticket counter for the ferries in Batangas someone will approach you asking where you are going and will take you to the ticket counter and take care of you--it's normal. Then after getting your ticket they will take you into the waiting area for the ferries (it's quite nice), they will make announcements for the departing ferries---be careful here--a porter will try to take your bags for you and take them to the ferry---that's okay but they are going to want a tip--50 or 60 pesos should do it--it's nice if you're carrying a large gear bag--otherwise just roll it out there yourself.

Thanks again for this further details...you have given me a lot more confidence in going this route.

Most dive ops can arrange transport but the cost is usually around $100 each way. Fine if you are sharing with another couple of divers but perhaps too expensive for a solo diver.

Personally I prefer to have my own car or share rather then take a bus in particular when traveling with expensive camera gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom