Transportation from Cancun to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lynnemari

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
We are flying into cancun airport ( with luggage and dive equipmnet), but staying in cozumel for the week. What is the best way to get there. We chose to fly into cancun because there were more flights there and it was cheaper. So we are looking for transportation that is reasonable.
thanks
Lynne

Hi,
We are flying into cancun airport ( with luggage and dive equipmnet), but staying in cozumel for the week. What is the best way to get there. We chose to fly into cancun because there were more flights there and it was cheaper. So we are looking for transportation that is reasonable.
thanks
Lynne

Bus or hired van from Cancun to Playa del Carmen, ferry across the channel to Cozumel. Count on about three hours each way.

we've used getdita.com
no complaints!

There is private puddle jumper service - I have the number if you are interested in just flying over, but its not cheaper than the bus/ferry rigormorole, but it's much easier...let me know. CN

thank you so much, do you know if luggage is a problem on the bus or ferry?
Lynne

No problem at all, last time we did the Cancun to Coz trek the two of us had 4 large bags and carryons.
Getting to the bus in Cancun is easy, in Playa Del Carmen there are guys with cargo bikes that will help you to the pier. They do this for tips and it is whatever you want to give but a tip of a dollar a bag in customary I think. They same type of guys are on the Cozumel side, and there is a taxi stand right at the pier in Coz to get you to your hotel.
If you use the bus, ferry, baggage help it'll be about $25 per person each way. This doesn't include the taxi on Coz to get you to your hotel, that'll be dependant on where you stay.

THe Riviera bus was recommended to me by bay adventures. They advised me to walk past all the people in the glass kiosks at the airport. Frankly, they take advantage of people who don't know better. I had not planned on flying into Cancun, but my flight to Coz was missed and I did not want to wait a day. I used their excellent advice by calling Bay Adventures from the airport in Miami.
Riviera bus is an airconditioned coach bus. It was also very inexpensive. Around $10.
Bags are no problem.

Back
Top Bottom