Transmitter Won't Work - Suunto Vytec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bopper

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought a Vytec w transmitter second-hand off someone who never used it. It's obvious the thing has never touched water, as there is not even a small scratch on it or any blemishes at all. I assumed that since it was clearly brand new that it must be functional. But I was wrong. :depressed:

Long story short, the transmitter never worked properly even after swapping out several new OEM batteries. I took it to my local authorized repair center (after Aqualung support directed me to do so) and they confirmed it was a faulty transmitter.

I've mostly been told there's nothing that can be done, but also have received a "mail it in to the Authorized Repair Center and see what happens" advice from a person at Aqualung.

I don't want to pursue this much farther, but just want to confirm that I'm at a dead end. Is it correct that Aqualung does not repair these transmitters? Thank you.

A 'customer rep' from Sunnto has registered on SB and wanted to hear from people...Ask him...We'd all like to hear his response.......

Booper,

The Suunto warranty only applies to the original owner. The service for a transmitter is limited to a battery service & computer ==> transmitter link-up.

Best Regards & Safe Diving,
Chris from Suunto

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom