Transmitter Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just received my tank pod. The paperwork does say to register the new serial number for a full 1 year warranty.

Again I am very pleased with how well this recall went. I'm regaining my admiration for SUUNTO.

UPS on the other hand delivered my tank pod to a neighbor about a block away!

Took them about 3 hours to both realize they messed up. Luckily nobody was home at the wrong location so the driver was able to retrieve the item.

Now all I need is a little test dive.

Great, glad to hear that. I sent mine in this past Friday and they received it in Ogden today. I'm hoping to have it back by Friday for this weekend's diving. If they ship it back out tomorrow, I should. It appears since the units people are receiving back are either already updated or new ones since they have new serial numbers so that they have them on hand to ship immediately.

I believe the tank pod I received back was the one I sent in. I had placed a red cap on the port before sending it back and the one I received had the same red cap. Interestingly I received an updated serial number on paper but the tank pod case does not have a serial number on it. It will be interesting to see if the paired serial number shown in the computer matches the one on paper.

I was told the serial number is stamped on one of the hexagonal sides of the metal body of the tank pod. I looked at mine before I sent it in and there is indeed something stamped there but it is extremely small and I didn't have a Hubble type magnifier to check!
Anyone can confirm this?

You are correct. However, on mine, the embosser missed the flat so that the last 3 or 4 digits were missing. Fortunately, I had saved the box it came in and was able to get the serial number from it.

I can confirm that the serial number is imprinted on one of the hexagonal flats on the transmitter base. Good lord you need bionic eyes to see those tiny numbers.

Hi guys,

I serviced my transmitter under Suunto recall programme. Everything went quick nice and smooth. Suunto provide me with two flow restrictors, one for direct mount of the transmitter to the first stage and other for hose mount. Do you know what is the difference between Suunto flow restrictors and other swivels available on the market? My first impression is that Suunto flow restrictors have much smaller hole on the transmitter side, but I can't see any other differences. Obviously they are polarised as shown in the manual. Do you have more information on the topic?

Good luck to you all!

Safe dives.

P.S. I've attached two photos showing the new flow restrictors. Form left to right is: Suunto hose flow restrictor, Suunto first stage flow restrictor and the last one on the right is my old swivel.

Regards,
Nick

Attachments

• IMG_0756.JPG
    IMG_0756.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0757.JPG
    IMG_0757.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 221
Well, I sent my transmitter in on July 14th and it was received at the Odgen, Utah location on July 18th. As of today, one week later, the status for it is still showing RECEIVED. It's been like that for a week now so I have no idea what's going on with it. If it is still unchanged this Friday, I'll be contacting Suunto to see what's going on with it. I know they are probably getting a lot of them in to be repaired but I'm getting a little perturbed by this. I knew I would have to dive using my SPG a week or so, but I have a dive trip coming up the middle of August that I would really like to have my transmitter for.

After Suunto received my pod they sent me an email stating to allow ten business days for repair.

Yeah, I looked back at the email and mine said 8 days, which today is the 8th day since they received it. I'm hoping it won't be much longer before they get it sent back. But it would be more comforting if the status would at least would change to something like In Process or something like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom