Trans Pacific Airline decision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone been on Thai Airlines? I was thinking of spending a few days in the land of smiles after my komodo trip.

vertaqua:
Anyone been on Thai Airlines? I was thinking of spending a few days in the land of smiles after my komodo trip.

Can't comment on their transpacific flights but their regional flights are OK. Comparable to Malaysian air. OK planes, average service. If you're laying over for a few days in BKK, you should be able to get some cheap flights to Indonesia. SLC=Salt Lake City? Guess you are connecting thru LAX or SFO? I'd say via HK by Cathay or via Taipei by China Air is your best bet although HK Int'l Airport is by far a better layover than Taipei!! I actually like China Air service despite their dodgy safetly record from the past... Thumbs up on Singapore Air :wink: but their flights tend to be pricier.

Have fun in Komodo! Was there last summer. Which boat are you doing? whatever you do dont fly Merpati for the local leg!!! We had a nightmare flight back from Bima to Denpasar (flight cancelled, then lost an engine and had to return. missed our direct int'l flight back and rerouted and force to stay in ************ hotel in Jakarta).

pakman:
Can't comment on their transpacific flights but their regional flights are OK. Comparable to Malaysian air. OK planes, average service. If you're laying over for a few days in BKK, you should be able to get some cheap flights to Indonesia. SLC=Salt Lake City? Guess you are connecting thru LAX or SFO? I'd say via HK by Cathay or via Taipei by China Air is your best bet although HK Int'l Airport is by far a better layover than Taipei!! I actually like China Air service despite their dodgy safetly record from the past... Thumbs up on Singapore Air :wink: but their flights tend to be pricier.

Have fun in Komodo! Was there last summer. Which boat are you doing? whatever you do dont fly Merpati for the local leg!!! We had a nightmare flight back from Bima to Denpasar (flight cancelled, then lost an engine and had to return. missed our direct int'l flight back and rerouted and force to stay in ************ hotel in Jakarta).

I'd kind of like to stick with one airline instead of jumping around for better deals. I'll be on the Kararu Voyager, I guess its a brand new boat but I've heard great things about the people that have been on there other boat the Sea Safari 3. I'll have to see which flight Kararu books us on for the flight from Bima to Bali, and try to avoid Merpati. Some of those local third world airlines can be pretty sketchy so you just have to cross your fingers and hope for the best.

My good buddies were just on the Kararu last year. They gave big thumbs up on the crew. Didn't know Kararu has a new boat now...

pakman:
My good buddies were just on the Kararu last year. They gave big thumbs up on the crew. Didn't know Kararu has a new boat now...

I believe her first cruise starts on the 18th of feb, so its brand new. Check out there website for more info: http://www.kararu.com/

singapore are excellent so are thai and malaysia airlines. emirates ok but service a bit shoddy had probs with klm in past. singapore everytime

vertaqua:

I'm on Thai this trip, and it's superb (on my way home to Thailand from LAX tonight).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom