Training pays....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschoolto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Yesterday, The wife and I were diving in very poor visibility water... So she was staying really close.. Doing our post dive chat she told me... As we were swimming through a large rock formation I kicked her regulator out of her mouth... So she just very calmly found the regulator and put it back in and purged it... She said it was the most natural thing in the world and as she was looking to retrieve the second stage, She had it in her mind that if I don't get it right away , I going to go to my Octo...

She was so happy that I take the time to throw stuff at her during dives... Making her ready to swap regulators, Buddy breath and screw with her buoyancy... I was so happy that all my training of her in the old school ways paid off... :wink:

Jim...

Be careful how much "stuff" you throw at her during a dive. Sometimes it's not training anymore. It's real. My wife would kick my Axx if I pulled some stuff without telling her.

Be careful how much "stuff" you throw at her during a dive. Sometimes it's not training anymore. It's real. My wife would kick my Axx if I pulled some stuff without telling her.

For training to work... First, You train what needs to be done... Then you do it with a plan... Then you let them know it will happen during the dive.. Then you let them know that on any day , On any dive , At anytime it may be coming... That whats works....

Jim...

Back
Top Bottom