Training/Diving buddy search in UAE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey @Corleone if you need any info on the UTD courses I may be able to help. FYI Im one of the very newest UTD instructors and my number is 170 so not a lot of us around. When I started with UTD, I was already a 10-year NAUI instructor and a RAID OC Instructor and rebreather diver. I really thought I knew how to dive, I had read all the DIR stuff, had my trim sorted and my frogkick was a thing of beauty.

Then i did the UTD Essentials of Rec (similar to GUE-F) as a prep for my IDC and holy cow I realised fast how good I wasn't! The UTD courses are generally around 250 USD a day and that includes the gas fills etc etc. Most of the dives are done as shore dives in shallow water as that really tests your buoyancy control.

The Extreme Scuba Makeover is a one-day course that will change your diving in a way that will blow your mind.

Give me a shout on +971501091567 if you want to chat.

@Roman K was that the trip I met you on?

Yeah that was a beast. Made being horizontal easy, hanging off the anchor line like a flag in a hurricane.

a slight off-topic: has anyone already found these 15 tanks that has been dumped for us in Dubai? Something I'm really looking forward to dive...

The tanks are actually armoured cars, I will check with my daughter as I believe she has dived them when she was working for TDC.

The tanks are actually armoured cars, I will check with my daughter as I believe she has dived them when she was working for TDC.
That's the Truck Stop (next to Mariam Express). The tanks have been dumped just last week (well, according to the news at least)...

Be interested in diving these tanks/armoured vehicles.

By the way I'm not offering diving in Saudi because I'm tight or anything its very difficult for anyone to get visas to visit here. The diving is mediocre at best. I am willing to meet people who want to travel to places like Sharm (great at the minute because its so quiet and cheap), Hurghada or even Jordan etc. Weekend trips are fine by me!

Dave

The diving is mediocre at best

:rofl3: Yea right, two years ago I dived off the Sheraton beach and was so happy to be back in Jeddah, it just does not compare with what we have to dive in over here in the UAE. Having lived in Jeddah for 7 years and dived up and down the whole Saudi coastline, it's miles better than what the UAE has to offer.

i absolutely despise Saudi Arabia and will do anything to justify flaying away :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom