Training and working?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gregorio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everybody,
I would like to do a Dive Master in australia, central america or asia, do you know if i can train for it and work in the same time, like instead of paying for it i help in the dive shop or something like this?
Thanks

I don't know of anywhere that you can do a Dm course for free but there are plenty of IDC centres in Malaysia/Thailand where the cost of living is very cheap and you should be able to do unlimited dives while on an internship.
Great diving too, stretch it out

Welcome to SB and good luck on your adventure, sorry no advice....

We get guys wanting to get the course for free all the time. We've never done it. The course is partially a job application so why pay someone to apply for a job?

Plus if someone can't come up with a few hundred dollars for training how responsible are they :)

Note really sure to understand what you mean (my english is not really good). I just tought i could be a fair deal for a diver to a DM for free while the shop an an employee for free for a few month... and I am not sure responsability has something to do with money.
cheers.

Hey there, Did you find out snything else asd I have also heard that you can do this but so far havent found anywhere that you can. If I find out I'll let you know too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom