Train Bridge in Point Pleasant on Saturday July 31st?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClassAction

Reaction score
Anyone interested in diving the train bridge this Saturday morning? I'm told that slack tide is around 8:00 am.

I'm not 100% sure I can make it yet (might have to work). But just wanted to see if anyone is interested... so far, grunster might be in...

Let me know...
Mike

I'm 100% in, anyone else? If Mike can't make it, I need a buddy.

Tables say 8:00, but the few times I've been there it seemed to be nearly an hour later than what the tables say.

Chris,

Do you have a float/flag? Also, do you think it's worth it to bring a pole spear?

Still not sure whether I have to work...

I have a flag.

I'd bring it, I've seen other divers with spears. There are some pretty big fish depending on where you go. I saw a huge flounder last time I was there.

I'm probably bringing a goody bag and trying to catch some bugs.

I'm in! A few things: Are we just doing one tank? I have one full, one empty, and I'm not sure I'll have time to get it filled before tomorrow morning. If you think we can get in another dive, just let me know and I'll try to get to the shop tonight.

Also, let's really try to be on time. I'm planning on leaving at 6:30 sharp, as painful as that might be. I don't want to pack my car and drive all that way just to miss the tide... Let's shoot to be there at 8am, in the water around 8:30? Maybe we can do one very long dive on just one tank?

Got my spear today -- can't wait to give it a try.

I still have your cell number. Do you need mine?

Looking forward to it...

PS: ANYONE ELSE EVER GO DIVING???

Probably just one tank. By the time we did an SI the water level would probably be pretty low and vis is usually much worse when the tide is going back out.

Yeah doing one long dive would be a better option. Also it's shallow enough that you could just surface for a little break without really doing an SI and then go right back down.

We may have one other diver. Also there is another member on the board who hasn't responded, but he's there almost every week, so you never know.

grunzster:
Yup that's the spot.

Have fun boys. I'll be at DS at around 11:30, Chris. Give me a yell if you want grab a dive after PPB.

Frank

Cool I'll try to meet you after our dive. Gotta make up for the last 2 weeks.
Hey anyone feel like doing the bridge on Sunday too?
I got family stuff in the morning, but I can sneak a dive in, in the morning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom