TRADE: Halcyon SS bp for SS ALUM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you got it. i had trouble with that idea as well in the beginning. then i realized DANG !!! the extras i carry would be cheap compared to my quality of life after the dive !!! so be ready to ditch them extras at any point they threaten you on a dive.

henceforth i always rig myself starting from the most basic set up i need then i modify depending on the dive i plan to make.

recreational, working, fun tech dive, and serious work dive with three 80s with me..... in some of those instances i bring two balloons with two sets of cords.

believe me, when you do get hit with a forcefull down current at 100ft. in an instant you would be doing unplanned deco procedures and you would really want to loose all those extra weights and go buoyant when finning doesn't move you up an inch, even when you have dithcewd them extras finning may even be futile on a full BC, then be ready to DUMP shallower than 100ft. sucha very critical procedure and ADRENALINE RUSH !!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOHUUUUUUUUUU !!!!! i don't want to be in that situation ever again, especially with 6 fun divers with me.....

Spoon:
ok i gets now. so my ideal weighting would be to be neutrally buoyant without the xtras. in the event that i decided to go alum, in the event that i had to ditch my extras, i may have a runaway ascent! thanks pao. back to the drawing board:)

will test over the weekend, will borrow an al rig and test my buoyancy without the xtras.

Spoon:
will test over the weekend, will borrow an al rig and test my buoyancy without the xtras.

will be at Portulano over the weekend and the AL rig will be there as well, and so will tweety be. actually them rigs stay there on weekdays as well .....

paolov:
believe me, when you do get hit with a forcefull down current at 100ft. in an instant you would be doing unplanned deco procedures and you would really want to loose all those extra weights and go buoyant when finning doesn't move you up an inch, even when you have dithcewd them extras finning may even be futile on a full BC, then be ready to DUMP shallower than 100ft. sucha very critical procedure and ADRENALINE RUSH !!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOHUUUUUUUUUU !!!!! i don't want to be in that situation ever again, especially with 6 fun divers with me.....

happened to me before, down current at 120'. got the bends after that:) its a very humbling experience in deed. truly being a fortunate lurker in the threshold.

tama pards. In a typical night dive with my clipped heavy UK dive light I compensate with the added weight by adding a little air in my BC, NOT by reducing lead. Camera? no weight adjustment needed since it is a little bouyant.

Makinig ka sa matanda pards.

Agree with Pao, its always better to be a little bit overweigthed because of additional equipment but not underweighted. Its easier to compensate with the BC if your overweight than trying to fin down or grab hold of something when your underweighted.

hmmmmmm

tsk tsk tsk tsk . sino kaya may dalang camera? ako wala.....

hehehehhehe

simple lang yan eh

Mask = to provide interface between visual recognition of human eye and water. they eyes were designed to function in a medium as or similar to air and provide for a manner to equalize with a nose pocket.

Snorkel = a required item (else ma TOS ako ng PADI)

Wetsuit - pang matanda lang yan....

Fins - to assist in propulsion of a person in water- galing pro star - into the blue na into the blue moves hehehehhehe

booties - dagdag gastos , mag full foot nalang

BCD - to keep the person and Tank together neutrally regardless of attachments

Weights - to sink the person

Camera not to be used as lead weights

HID Light - not to be used a Lead Weights, gold weight pwede pa

survival balloon and reel - as it is intended

carabiner - only use high quality ones like Black Diamond and MSR, and very good "ba-ting ting"

knife - to be like mc gyver

paolov:
hmmmmmm

simple lang yan eh

Wetsuit - pang matanda lang yan....

ayan..balot na balot ka...confirmed matanda ka na...:D

mitchme119.jpg

eto pa!

119cuttleweb.jpg

clgsamson:
ayan..balot na balot ka...confirmed matanda ka na...:D
eto pa!

whaaaaa hindi wetsuit yan, rashguard yan all the way to the pants...... tights if you may.... i don't care..... hmpgh !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom