Town being sued for NOT having a Dive Rescue team

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a shame...

I grew up in that area of CT, and I can say that the police/fire/EMT teams in that area are EXCELLENT people, and she should be glad with the summer traffic in that area that the response was as fast as it was.

Typical MA attitude it seems...

ChikkenNoodul:
What a shame...

I grew up in that area of CT, and I can say that the police/fire/EMT teams in that area are EXCELLENT people, and she should be glad with the summer traffic in that area that the response was as fast as it was.

Typical MA attitude it seems...

I didn't read the earlier posts, but she's suing her son in law...something else must be going on!!!

Yikes tho!!!

gary: what you just mentioned is called a SLAPP suit...and is illegal...

Wildcard:
Now doesen't GWBs Tort reform sound like a good idea? It would stop most of this nonsense.
Wildcard:

Can you provide more information on this? A link perhaps? I haven't heard of it yet and I am curious.

Cheers,
Bill.

I hadn't heard about this one yet. I'll have to go look into it. But all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!

Michael

lord1234:
gary: what you just mentioned is called a SLAPP suit...and is illegal...

admittedly my knowledge of SLAPP suits is limited to surfing around on the internet for the past 5 mins, but that doesn't seem like the same thing to me.

ScubaBabe22:
I didn't read the earlier posts, but she's suing her son in law...something else must be going on!!!

Yikes tho!!!

My guess is that she has no idea what is going on:

Reardon said Connors, who had been living on her own in
Massachusetts, has severe brain damage from the incident and lives
with round-the-clock care in a nursing home in Waterford that she is
never expected to leave.

The insurance company responsible for her care and the lawyers they've hired are probably casting a wide net to try to cushion their loss on this one.

Next time let the selfish ***** Die, what a bunch of crap!!!

at least there would have been no bullshi_ to deal with, this person wasn't worth saving.........

A thought. Let her win the lawsuit. Then use the money she "wins" to equip, assemble. pay, and give benefits to a dive team. Oh, and if her lawsuit doesn't cover it, pull from her personal funds...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom