Tovatec Fusion 1500 Flooded!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KenE

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I got this light 17 months ago with a 12 month warranty and after less than 20 dives it flooded. I was just curious if others have had the same result. Contacted Tovatec and Amazon and neither will do anything, so I am out the $135. Not getting another one!

Did you call / email: 800-324-5032 www.tovatec.com ?

Who did you speak with / what results of email?

Never had bad experience with Tovatec,.... They usually offer to do something with all products regardless of purchase date.

Is there evidence of o-ring damage/distortion on the rear battery cap, or do you feel it leaked somewhere else?

I did call Tovatec and was told that since it was bought through Amazon and beyond the 12 month warranty there was nothing they would do. I did inspect the o-rings and saw no signs of damage, but it obviously flooded past those o-rings. The battery compartment was the only flooded area. No chance of fixing a flooded battery compartment is what I was told as well.

FWIW, the battery compartment is continuous to the switch (and driver?) board and the back of the emitter head board. That is pretty much the whole shebang exposed to water ...

Makes me wonder if it was the pressure-relief valve on the cap or the button.

Looking in mine, the button has a long shaft which presses on a surface mounted switch. Which means the switch is likely only sealed with a sliding dynamic o-ring. I would prefer a magnetically operated switch with a hard or static o-ring seal, which wouldn't actually be that hard to do, nor costly.

I did call Tovatec and was told that since it was bought through Amazon and beyond the 12 month warranty there was nothing they would do. I did inspect the o-rings and saw no signs of damage, but it obviously flooded past those o-rings. The battery compartment was the only flooded area. No chance of fixing a flooded battery compartment is what I was told as well.
Who did you speak with? I have relativs in China? If email post your response.

do you expect to have repairs after the warranty period expired? Seriously?
It was less than 5 months after expiration, and no, I had no expectations. Just checking to see if anyone else had the same issue.

When it comes to lights it’s probably best to consider them disposable past warranty since there are so many variables in handling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom