Unknown tourist diver dead after 62m dive - update Brazil, not portugal

This Thread Prefix is for incidents when the cause is not known.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baggins_69

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
That’s Brazil, not Portugal.

Tragic, the article did have a coherent and accurate recount of what can cause DCI and how it is treated

Not at all irrelevant. A diver with 10 C cards is committed to the sport and has above average training and experience.

Well, not in my mind.

I say give me the diver with 1 c-card and 1000 dives than the diver with 5 c-cards and 100 dives.

The #1 rule in scuba when i went through my OW class was 'plan your dive, dive your plan.'

(#2 was 'dont act like food' lol)

For a diver doing a planned decompression dive to 62 meters, I would think 10 certification cards would be a bare minimum.

Well, not in my mind.

I say give me the diver with 1 c-card and 1000 dives than the diver with 5 c-cards and 100 dives.

The #1 rule in scuba when i went through my OW class was 'plan your dive, dive your plan.'

(#2 was 'dont act like food' lol)
Tell me how 1,000 OW-level dives, with no other training, prepares you for a planned decompression dive to 62 meters/203 feet.

That’s Brazil, not Portugal.
Yes, the article is in Portuguese as that's the language of Brazil. The dive was near an Atlantic island 200 miles off of the coast.

Back
Top Bottom