Touching coz wildlife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That must be the one that's inside the art gallery. I bought a painting but got a bad impression of their "dive op."
From TA. As described earlier, its the closet to the right.

BFBCA53A-A4A5-4D31-B08A-BD1886FDF7F0.png

Yes thats it next to the art shop. I doubt he has park pass and im not sure about if he has his own boat. Hes close to the ferry and the tourists hear someone speaking english they trust him i guess? When i told him who i dove with he bashed them and talked bad about everyone. I would never go on a boat with him.

He said he has been in coz since early 80s idk if he has always been at this location.

George's operation seemed a lot like those Time-Share types who say they will get you a two-tank dive for $50 US if you go to a presentation. It's funny but I never noticed the sign that says "Mayan Batik Factory" but I'm sure it's the same place. Heck, every time we walked down that street the guy I bought the painting from would yell "Hola" to us. :) I thought I had their business card somewhere....

I seen the place today, handwritten sign two tank dive 75 bucks

There was a lot of talk about identifying this fellow and now that that's been done, anything actually going to be done?

There was a lot of talk about identifying this fellow and now that that's been done, anything actually going to be done?

Two issues: the video in question is three years old (it was posted March 2016, IIRC.) And the ID of George was indirect: one of the divers in the video was wearing pink fins that had "Dive With George" written on them. The physical description of Jorge seems to roughly match the person in the video that tackled the shark, but a more direct ID (I suggested matching the hairline, which is clearly visible in the video) should be made before any accusations are taken through the proper channels.

If this was a legal case in the US, I think our current evidence would be enough to get a search warrant but definitely not sufficient to prosecute.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom