Toss DUI boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another cheap alternative to Rock Boots are the Israeli Desert Combat Boots. They're like an industrial grade canvas sneaker & can be had for about $10 at the "better" military surplus stores.
Downside is that big sizes are hard to find, lotsa medium & small though.

danceswithoctopus once bubbled...
and make it really easy to walk around when I'm on the surface.

I just got my DUI CLx450 with rock boots. After reading this I can’t wait to go on the next boat dive and see if I too can walk around on the surface!:D

Got my new 450 at the end of Jan, with the rock boots. I havent had any laces come undone and i think they work great, im not tossing mine.

Suiting up is slower but i dont mind. I will be trimming my laces though, they are way too long.

Andy

Been off the beach with them and i love them, lots of support for carrying my 108's.

trymixdiver once bubbled...
Suiting up is slower

Could you define "suiting up is slower"

I"m still waiting for my 450 to come in and as my previous suits were back entry and molded boots, I'm curious to find out what is slower here.

I'm guessing that it's a little slower because you have to don the boots which is a additional step that you don't have with molded ones.

Is your Zipper the one that starts in the lower back area or did you have the conventional zipper put in. The one that starts at the shoulder. If at the lower back, how do you like it.

thx... Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom