tornadoes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I pray you see it from afar...

I lived in KY for a year and being a native of New England where we don't experience the severe weather that they do, I was exposed to the thunderstorms that they have there. Of course all of them with the potential to turn into tornados. We have t-storms here in New England, but I have never experienced the severity of the storms that they experience. I would pace the house, looking out the windows, afraid of a tornado. Sure enough, Clarksville, TN, just a few towns away, got hit really hard by a Tornado. It really frightened me and I am usually thrilled to sit through and watch a good storm. But down there in Tornado Alley, they are storms of another sort. I was like you, I thought it would be cool to see one, but now, I hope to God I never do. Sit through just one of those t-storms and tell me it didn't scare the pants off you, you might change your mind. Especially at night, when the sky is black, you know the storm is bad, the potential for Tornado exists but you won't even see it coming. They say it sounds like a fast moving train.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom