Torii Station and Okinawa info needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pacchill

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello divers of Okinawa.
I need some help, FAST. I'm pulling in soon and need to dive. I have sent a few emails to my contact at Torii Station but have not received any response. I need any info to lodging at Torii Station. Any other places I can stay and have diving close by would be great. I was also interested in doing some training, along with some people on my ship who want to get an OW cert.
My background: Open water diver w/recent Nitrox. I am currently switching to diving a back plate and wing, long hose, bungee back up. I have regs for doubles, but no wing (yet). I have been diving for a long time, but not as often as I should but this summer I logged about 15 dives.
I have one guy who is has a OW C card that wants to dive with me as well, he has all of his gear too.
Ok any help at all would be great. I can't give dates and time in this forum, PM me and we can work out the dates via email. Military would be preferred, but a local shop is cool to at this point. Im getting desperate now lol. I HAVE to dive Okinawa
PacChill

Recommend that you PM "C" on www.goatdawgs.com 's forum ( http://www.goatdawgs.com/phpBB2/index.php )for specific info about Torii Station. Most of the folks on that forum are here in Okinawa, though a few are now off island thanks to PCS orders...

Torii's dive shop is the best on island, hands down and I HIGHLY recommend going there. C works there and can steer you right. There are a few dive shops off base, but I think you'll be best served with Torii. I take it you are active duty, so getting on base shouldn't be an issue. There are a couple of off base shops that I deal with fairly regularly, but Torii is the real deal.

I know that Kadena Air Base has billeting and we do on most Marine Bases down here too - Foster having the nicest facilities.

Are you going to have a rental car? That will make it a lot easier to get around. PM me either here or on goatdawgs for more specfic info. I am stationed here on Okinawa (USMC) and dive most weekends.

How is diving for this weekend looking?

We've still got some good swells coming in from the typhoon. It might be a little calmer by late Saturday or Sunday. I'll know more tomorrow night...

We will be diving all weekend both boat and beach dives.

I need to get my hands on a SK-7 and some spring heels. I'm going to try and send a buddy out to Torii the first day in (I'm on duty) to pick them up for me. IF they have them in stock. Almost time to dive!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom