Topsail Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrClod

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for excursions leaving out of TopSail, NC or close by.

Heading there for first time in a couple of weeks. Looking for reputable operations.

Hey there, carolina divers seems pretty good to me. I'm actually going out on a dive with them the 11th, they are located on the mainland before the turning bridge, by the food lion. I've spent every summer on that island since i was born, have a great time! Just search Carolina divers, topsail island, and you'll find their website.

Carolina Divers
13567 Nc Highway 50, Holly Ridge, NC
(910) 329-9912
They run weekend trips to wrecks. They are new in Surf City.

Hey there, carolina divers seems pretty good to me. I'm actually going out on a dive with them the 11th, they are located on the mainland before the turning bridge, by the food lion. I've spent every summer on that island since i was born, have a great time! Just search Carolina divers, topsail island, and you'll find their website.

im 19 and have been going to Topsail Island my whole life (expect like 3 years due to Hurricane Bertha; we switched to Atlantic Beach BLAH!) and i absolutely love it..I'm from West Virginia and miss being at Topsail from the minute i leave each year! I am getting ready to take a Scuba Diving class next semester in college (Marshall University) so ill be certified in 8 weeks! ill be ready for some serious diving at Topsail for the summer of 2010! I already spearfish in the topsail sound (free-diving) so being able to scuba it will make things SOOO much easier! IM SOOO EXCITED!!!! ive wanted to SCUBA for years now! so i took the opportunity for a cheap class + credit hours when it was presented to me!

How is the diving in NC in April? I may be going there in early April 2010.
Thanks

Our diving goes on year round here. The good thing about April is that the air temperature will be generally be warm enough that, if you are diving a wetsuit, you won't freeze on your SI. The water will probably be in the mid 60s (depending on where you will be). The only downside is that it will be the spring time so the weather can be highly variable.

How is the diving in NC in April? I may be going there in early April 2010.
Thanks
I think April was the last time I actually was able to dive our coast. Did one day in a 3mm wetsuit - to cold for me, next two dives in a dry suit - much better - but most of the boat was weating thicker (5-7mm) wet suits and were fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom