Top 10 Scuba Diving Movies Ever Made

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree, although it's good it really isn't about scuba diving. It's about surface supplied diving. Therefore it doesn't belong on the list.
I can't think of a better diving related film therefore should it overrule the fact that its not scuba?

I can't think of a better diving related film [Men of Honor] therefore should it overrule the fact that its not scuba?
It was a very good movie. However, the title of the article is "Top 10 Best Scuba Diving Movies Ever Made". If you are opening it up to anything with diving in it, I nominate:

Looking around for what was missing from the list.

I want to see this one - Classic Movie Ramblings: Lady in Cement (1968) - Frank Sinatra, Raquel Welch, Richard Conte
suq6tBvtZa9R9dGJh2WMCUgWRRo.jpg

Gents,

I remember being a young kid around the very early 80's and my father took me to the cinema. The movie was about getting some gold bars out of the river using scuba equipment. It must have been a heist or robbery to steal those bars, but I just can't remember how they got onto the bottom of the river bed. If you could tell me title of the movie, that would be awesome as I have been looking for it for close to 40 years. Thanks in advance.

Very Respectfully

Roland Somodi

Gents,

I remember being a young kid around the very early 80's and my father took me to the cinema. The movie was about getting some gold bars out of the river using scuba equipment. It must have been a heist or robbery to steal those bars, but I just can't remember how they got onto the bottom of the river bed. If you could tell me title of the movie, that would be awesome as I have been looking for it for close to 40 years. Thanks in advance.

Very Respectfully

Roland Somodi
Sam Whiskey? Although it would have had to be a retrospective because it originally came out in 1969.

Sam Whiskey - Wikipedia

Probably Cabo Blanco , even though it's the ocean instead of a river, since it was released in 1980: Caboblanco (1980) - IMDb

There's a not very good quality copy of it on YouTube:

It is very kind of you for such a quick reply, but I just checked them out and unfortunately neither one of them is the one I have been looking for. What I can also remember is that the gold sunk at the very edge of a giant waterfall and they were using a complex rope system to get the heavy gold bars out of the river.

It is very kind of you for such a quick reply, but I just checked them out and unfortunately neither one of them is the one I have been looking for. What I can also remember is that the gold sunk at the very edge of a giant waterfall and they were using a complex rope system to get the heavy gold bars out of the river.
Now we have something to work on.

Le Ruffian? Le ruffian (1983) - IMDb

Trailer -
I just watched the trailers on imdb and youtube and it has a waterfall, a diver being lowered through the falls, and crates of gold.

But it also looks like a truly terrible movie. I don't think the reality is going to match your memory.

I see that you are from Hungary. Is the movie in Hungarian or another language?

Back
Top Bottom