Tools for shark toothing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dnaber

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Last edited:
Sharks on Venus? :wink: You'd need a very long handle.

But really, nope.

I wouldn't bother with any tools.

Reactions: Jax
Fixed....

The only tools you need really are your hands and a mesh bag for your finds. I have a 12 metal probe I will use to poke around in the muddy areas but that has yet to produce anything.

Guys above are correct, mesh bag is necessary but not one that will drag the bottom when attached to your BC. Also, thin but durable gloves are necessary to save your hands. Stop in at our shop when you arrive, we have all the exact items you might need and latest local knowledge as well. You might want to dive on our boat, which will greatly increase your chances for a great find over a beach dive. Check out our web site, floridawestscuba.com. Hope to see you!

all you need is a mesh bag from any of the local shops,,, gloves are ok but you loose some of dexterity to pick teeth up.. a lot of divers bring a probe like a flat screw driver or nice probe stick.. diving on boat makes much easier access point to get in water but if diving from beach remember to carry a dive buoy flag w you.. if need to know all the access places from beach just call or email me 941-321-0852 .. I have been here for 48 yrs so sure I can help you w any questions you might have... on a side note best mess bag is one that has Velcro seal and clips to bcd streamline.. Too big o two small bag will harness your efforts here is link on what they look like
13-35 Shell Bags – Armor Products, LLC

good luck
Capt Jamie

Aristakat

i lost my armor bag are you the only dealer in Florida or is there one in the ft. Lauderdale area...?

Aristakat

thanks for the info and update....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom