took the DRY plunge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingCRNA

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yesterday I bought a used dry suit off eBay for $300. It is a shell suit with undergarment. It might need a right wrist seal, but the seller says it does not leak.

I like to fix and putter with things, so it will be fun no matter what. If I ever can afford a NEW dry suit this will be a decent back-up. Or I can sell it for a little loss.

I will let you know how it looks when it gets here. The seller is my size and it fits him.

Wish me luck. I hope to be warm and dry in the lake this summer!

So what kind of suit did you get? Let us know how it works out for you, and if you're looking at repairs you might want to consider the new book from http://www.airspeedpress.com on wet/drysuit repair - some good stuff in there.

And Congrats on the new suit!

Aloha, Tim

DivingCRNA:
Yesterday I bought a used dry suit off eBay for $300. It is a shell suit with undergarment. It might need a right wrist seal, but the seller says it does not leak.

I like to fix and putter with things, so it will be fun no matter what. If I ever can afford a NEW dry suit this will be a decent back-up. Or I can sell it for a little loss.

I will let you know how it looks when it gets here. The seller is my size and it fits him.

Wish me luck. I hope to be warm and dry in the lake this summer!

Depending on the under garment you could be close to break even just with that component alone. As long as he's not selling you a box of trash you should have a good value for your $$.

I wrestled with my DS decision for a few weeks and then realized I wasn't marrying the thing. If what I got didn't thrill me I could buy/swap/sell my way to something else. Controlling the investment on the first round isn't a bad thing on a DS IMO.

Good luck with the suit.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom