TOO LATE to shore dive on the north shore?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard:
Maybe I'll dive the trench Sunday morning instead so I can report back....

Sunday? Just make sure you do this after the big event - those possible 18 footers they're predicting for this weekend could put a damper on the festivities if you plan to do a dive before. :wink:

Ive been ignoring the weather and surf reports, just hoping for the best.

i got 4-dives in at sharks cove on 5 and 6 october.. viz was okay.. 50ft or more in the deep water, but less than 10ft within the cove.

the entry/exit at haleiwa trench (left of the rocks then down the 80ft wall) is usually mellow because the waves break well to either side of that point. however, the viz, even on a calm day averages 30ft.

Wildcard:

That's the beauty of Hawaii.....if it's too rough to dive...go surf.

Wildcard:

Don't worry - no matter what the weather brings, it will be a beautiful day.

I'm sorry I can't make it - I couldn't find anyone willing to wrangle with my nephew for a few hours.

Just looked, kinda crappy vis out a couple of hundred yeads even if you could get through the surf.

dove sharks cove today =)
there were at least 3 dive-vans in the lot.. and a couple dive-flags in the bay.

yep.. viz sux0rs..
but still saw a bunch of turtles.. a couple of 'em surprised me in the blue-room =O
also with the low viz.. i think the eels must think it's night or at least safe to be roaming about.. 'cuz i saw some more free-swimming eels today.

it's ironic.. the only low-surf forecast for the island was on the north shore today..
just watch the surf report..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom