Tonight's Catch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I got very lucky tonight and managed to find a blue Spiny Lumpsucker at the Junkyard. I have previously only seen a redish brown one.

DeepDog :cheers:

Nice! What depth / habitat? Size? The previous ones you saw, were they at the junkyard?

Saw some sea spiders out there about a month ago...
-Eric

Oh that is sooo cool. I wanna see one!

Nice picture.

glenn

Nocturne:
Nice! What depth / habitat? Size? The previous ones you saw, were they at the junkyard?

Saw some sea spiders out there about a month ago...
-Eric

This little guy was first seen at about 60 feet out in the open. We followed him for about five minutes down another few feet. They're not too fast :) This began about eight feet west of the rope near midspan at high tide. The size was probably between two and four inches long.

The only other one I've seen was also at the junkyard on December 12th 2003. It was a similar size and was the more typical light brown color. I have now uploaded one of my photos of the first one to my gallery as well.

The first one was at ten feet in the eelgrass. I am not sure, but I believe the shallower depth is more typical for these although I believe they can go well below a hundred feet. Eelgrass or kelp are typical habitat.

DeepDog :cheers:

You are quite lucky. That is one of the things high on my list list of stuff I want to see.

Nice Pic, I have been looking for one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom