Toledo Bend Resv.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have never even been to TBR let dive it. I read some of the previous SB threads.....has anyone dove TBR of late?? The local dive shops history and attached museum look worth a trek alone (Dive Toledo). :)

texdiveguy:
I have never even been to TBR let dive it. I read some of the previous SB threads.....has anyone dove TBR of late?? The local dive shops history and attached museum look worth a trek alone (Dive Toledo). :)
Can you give us a link Alan?

Willie

The CHUM Club is looking to dive this April 29/30. You should meet us out there.

Richard

PacketSniffer:
The CHUM Club is looking to dive this April 29/30. You should meet us out there.

Richard

Richard..... I may just do that if mother-nature or booked sales don't work out on a schd. FG trip.... I will check your clubs site for details. Alan :)

texdiveguy:
Richard..... I may just do that if mother-nature or booked sales don't work out on a schd. FG trip.... I will check your clubs site for details. Alan :)

Alan let me know if you head out that way I might be able to go.

Alan,
I dove the site after 911 and they had shutdown diving by the damn (Arkansas side.)
We dove off the beach and it was a ‘sea of sand’ and beer cans. We never dropped over 25 feet deep and we swam a heck of a long way. Nothing… nada… but sand.

By the damn they should have some depth plus they do have training platforms.
We had a good 12ft visibility and however being so shallow helped.
Boat traffic was insane and some people were driving their boats into shore and tying off staring at the sunbathers, fishing off the boat, and dropping their beer cans into the water. There was virtually no fish in the shallows- no where to hide.
One thing that did stand out was Arkansas does allow spear fishing- watch your 6.

Later, Andrew

Crazyduck:
Alan,
I dove the site after 911 and they had shutdown diving by the damn (Arkansas side.)
We dove off the beach and it was a ‘sea of sand’ and beer cans. We never dropped over 25 feet deep and we swam a heck of a long way. Nothing… nada… but sand.

By the damn they should have some depth plus they do have training platforms.
We had a good 12ft visibility and however being so shallow helped.
Boat traffic was insane and some people were driving their boats into shore and tying off staring at the sunbathers, fishing off the boat, and dropping their beer cans into the water. There was virtually no fish in the shallows- no where to hide.
One thing that did stand out was Arkansas does allow spear fishing- watch your 6.

Later, Andrew

Andrew thanks for the info. on your trek....its the most recent dive report so far. And not a big thing,,,,but I am thinking Louisiana not Arkansas. Say HI to the gang for me!! :)

Alan,
Its my pleasure as aways.
Sorry that the report was so... old but it was what I had for the site.
I will pass on your hi to the troops.
The reservior is really big and the pine trees are great.
If someone could find some terrian and depth it could be great site.
Oh, we did find much in the way of eats outside of the towns and usual places just a heads up you might want to pack some odds and ends.

Hope that Flower Gardens makes for you.... you taking your drysuit?

Later, Andrew

texdiveguy:
Andrew thanks for the info. on your trek....its the most recent dive report so far. And not a big thing,,,,but I am thinking Louisiana not Arkansas. Say HI to the gang for me!! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom