Tokina 10-17 vs Sony 10-18 vs AOI 09P

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. My housing is in the hands of FedEx going back for routine service since it has 3+ years and several hundreds of dives. I did get the Nauticam bulkhead and have a USB-C female to USD mini female ordered from Amazon.

Yes, with or without the "special" battery cable, I think the Nauticam USB-C bulkhead plug should work for in between dives charging using an adapter between the camera and the USB-C male plug. There should be room under the camera where the battery pack goes and on the side where the "special" cable goes. Or on top left side where I stow the unused UWT hot shoe. Whichever works best.

Did you get your housing back and the bulkhead installed? Wondering how you feel about it?

Well, it is like this. Yes
Did you get your housing back and the bulkhead installed? Wondering how you feel about it?
Well, the bulkhead will install and with an adapter to the Micro-USB from USB-C it all seems to work. I place the bundle and adapter under the camera where the booster battery would normally ride. Depending upon mission, I can use the booster or use the charge port.

It is a tight fit and I am still looking for a more compact right angle Micro-USB cable (camera end) that is a female USB-C on the other end to go direct to the USB-C male plug on the Nauticam bulkhead assembly. Such a cable eliminates the need for an adapter USB-C female and Micro-USB female.

Yes, my Nauticam NA6400 came back from service good to go and looking pretty :).

Once long ago I wondered why old people cannot keep up with the newest tech. Now that I am an old person I wonder why young people do not seem to know anything past yesterday. I guess it is all perspective. But perhaps a young person who is still learning rather than an old person who has forgotten more than the young person currently knows in total could undertake this project with more efficiency and probably knows exactly how to make it work whereas my brain just hurts.

Got any pics of your setup with the camera inside and back open?

Would a cable like this work?

Cable

Or maybe something like these? Adapter Adapter2

Also picked up a USB-C bulkhead. I got the above cable to adapt, but I'm not crazy about the cable layout.

I'm on the hunt for the right type of low profile usb c to micro 90 degree adapter. Working with a Chinese manufacturer to see if I can get a couple made.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom