Todays gulf trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GulfCoastdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Today we got to met MisD and lil sis, they came diving with us today, the 4 of us headed out around 9:ish, myself my daughter, MisD and lil sis. The day started out with it being low tide and the boat didn't want to come off the tralier, but after a lot of pushing and pulling, away we went. As we came out of johns pass we could see it was going to be a nice ride out, we headed out to the Betty Rose but, we weren't the first ones here, there was one boat already fishing and they looked at us like we had no business out there, very unfriendly people, so we left their wreck :mooner: and headed to the tanks and found a barge south of the tanks and in we went.
Vis was so bad... it was 5' at best. We anchored at one end of the barge and I still had a hard time finding it (I didn't follow the anchor line down) :shakehead we saw a lot of snook (I can prove it, I had a camera) :D and a big goliath grouper that stayed in the shadows, or at least 6' away and one barracuda and a few other reef fish. All in all it was a good, we met some good people and had a great day. You both can dive with us anytime. :wink:

See peeps, I was not crazy when I mentioned hundreds of snook. Also seen some worms, white anemone, hi-hats, snapper, and a couple black grouper. Very, very good day on the water.

MissD, who said you're not crazy???:D

Gulfcostdiver, never let unfriendly fisherman get between you and your dive site! Of course, it may take a bigger, more intimidating boat and crew!:eyebrow:

Hey GD, how far did you say the news reported the red tide had gotten? just asking as my throat and sinus are tore up. I hate red-tide :( :( :(

Hey Frogman_5 his crew did leave my feet in tact :D U know lil sis can not tell that story without laughing her socks off :11doh: Poor Dario was about to jump ship. I must admit, it is quite funny when you think of him running around the deck panicking about what was wrong and what to do :D Shhh, don't tell him I said that though.

TheCaptain:
Nobody told me, I found it myself . . .

:shocked: *Miss running away, hiding feet. Especially since she has new toenail polish, heheheh*

Missdirected:
Hey GD, how far did you say the news reported the red tide had gotten? just asking as my throat and sinus are tore up. I hate red-tide :( :( :(

Here is a little copy of it off bay news 9 web site...
Traces of red tide are showing up again on some southwest Florida beaches, including Siesta Key, the Fish and Wildlife Research Institute said Wednesday.

But wildlife officials said there are no reports of fish kills or humans experiencing any problems.

Red drift algae, a nontoxic seaweed, has also been washing ashore on beaches from Sanibel Island to Naples for months. Fort Myers Beach got the worst of it following rain from Tropical Storm Alberto. :shakehead
A like to the page--- http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2006/6/28/166142.html and
http://www.baynews9.com/Search.cfm?search=red+tide

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom