Today's Dives Eclipsed Every Dive Of 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
The Moon and Sun may have lined up for a lot of people today but the stars were aligned for Merry and me. We had unbelievable conditions today, better than any we've had in a long time.

We needed to fill the gas tanks on our boat so we set out early for Los Angeles Harbor. Gas is $2.05 cheaper per gallon there than the fuel dock in Redondo Beach. We saved $225 and had an incredible dive at the White Point outfall pipe.

The glassy surface allowed us to zip right along. When we arrived at White Point Merry said she could see the anchor as it slowly dropped to sixty feet. Blue water extended all the way to the bottom. From the sand I could clearly see the boat above.

With blue water and thirty-five feet visibility the marine life was enjoying a day on the rocks. There was a slight current but there was no surge and plenty of light, making our critter search very easy. Nudibranchs, snails, rockfish and shrimp scurried everywhere. You could say the outfall pipe was an effluent neighborhood. :)

After filling the boat we made a second dive at Kevin's Reef. Life was out and about here as well. Island kelpfish perched on top of the wall while rockfish swam in and out of every hole near the sand. Visibility here was twenty feet, more than enough to make it the best day of diving this year.

I tried to cull my photos but it looks like I'm having a Jim Lyle moment.
Photo intensive report at Today's Dives Eclipsed Every Dive Of 2017

Glad you didn't cull the photos, I enjoyed seeing all of them.

Nice shots! Thank you for sharing them.

Fantastic as always!

Back
Top Bottom