Todays Dive (Jersey-UK) 23/5/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
Had a bit of a disasterous dive today.

Firstly, got into the water, settled into the dive and found my first subject and went to take a shot. Completely dark viewfinder - Oh no, I'd left the lens cap on!! You think I would have learnt after my Nudi disaster last week!!! :11:

I resurfaced, took the port off and removed the lens cap, checked the oring was clean and replaced the port and rentered the water. Found another subject, went to focus and......nothing! I then realised I'd left the lens focus switch on manual!! Cursed and swore at myself for a while then returned to the surface and sorted the problem and rentered the water, thinking the next thing can only be a flood!!

Luckily no flood, but it as it was my first wetsuited dive this year I found it really cold after 30 mins, so decided to cut the dive short. The water is still at 12c but the viz was much better, maybe 5-6 metres.

Managed to get a couple of shots, but there wasn't much about, but here they are (apologies for yet another Velvet Swimming Crab Piccy!!)

velvet3.jpg

Rock-goby.jpg

Pictures look great..

Don't apologize..I love those red eyes!

BTW...I'm glad to hear someone else does those things! :D

kdietz:
Are those with your new 70-180?...BTW, I sold mine to Laz!

Karl

Not yet Karl. Mine's just come out of the menders at the weekend after having the tripod mount removed. I've got the port extension ring, but I'm still waiting on the zoom and focus gears before I can get it wet.

I took the ones above with my trusty 105mm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom